A national resource centre for the ORE sector
RESCORE is the national resource centre dedicated to the French ORE sector. It takes the form of a web portal that provides centralised access to various useful information for players in the sector, such as environmental and physical data, reports, recommendations and bibliographies from France Energies Marines’ R&D projects.
Our research service offer based on high added value expertise
We offer research and expertise services connected to the needs of private and public stakeholders to support them at each stage of the design and life of a marine renewable energy project. Drawing on our multidisciplinary team of 80 employees and our feedback from more than 70 R&D projects, we are developing a holistic approach that enables us to intervene in a relevant manner to optimise costs, reduce deadlines and contribute to the positive perception of the sector.
- Overview of our research services
- Research services to support the various stakeholders of the sector
- Focus on the different research services
Sheets summarising the results of our collaborative R&D project
At the end of each of the collaborative projects that we carry out, we prepare a fact sheet that includes the context, objectives, main achievements, output resources and a short conclusion on the work carried out.
- Site characterization:
- Wind characterisation: CARAVELE Project (2017-2021)
- Extreme sea states: DIME Project (2017-2021)
- Geotechnics and geophysics: GEOSISMEM Project (2018-2022), SOLCYP+ Project (2017-2020)
- Hydrodynamics and sediment transport: HYD2M Project (2016-2019), MUSCATTS Project (2018-2020), PHYSIC Project (2016-2019), THYMOTE Project (2016-2019)
- Offshore research platform: FOWRCE SEA Project (2020-2021)
- System design and monitoring:
- Biofouling: ABIOP Project (2017-2018), ABIOP+ Project (2019-2022)
- Electrical cables: STHYF Project (2017-2019), OMDYN2 Project (2018-2021), DYNAMO Project (2020-2022)
- Durability of structures: INDUSCOL Project (2016-2020)
- Mooring in-service monitoring: MHM-EMR Project (2017-2020)
- Polyamide mooring: POLYAMOOR Project (2017-2020)
- Optimisation of farms:
- Environmental integration:
A collection of publications resulting from R&D work
In 2018, France Energies Marines launched a publishing activity in order to bring together in a single collection books resulting from R&D work. Several recommendation reports, bibliographical summaries and teaching bulletins have already been published or are in the process of being published.
- Bibliographical Atlas of Biofouling Along the French Coasts in the Context of Offshore Renewable Energy (November 2018) Quillien N. et al., 70 p. > Order
- Characterisation of the potential impacts of subsea power cables associated with offshore renewable energy projects (May 2021) Taormina et al., 74 p. > Download
- Recommendations for the quantitative assessment of metal inputs in the marine environment from the galvanic anodes of ORE structures (December 2020) Michelet et al., 34 p. > Download
- Recommendations for health monitoring of dynamic cables for floating offshore wind farms (May 2023) Maison A. & Roulet M., 24 p. > Download
- Can fixed-foundation offshore wind farms generate dangerous waves? | COME3T Bulletin N°1 (December 2019) 11 p. > Download
- Does the colonisation of ORE farms facilitate the introduction and spread of non-indigenous species? | COME3T Bulletin N°2 (December 2019) 11 p. > Download
- The reef effect induced by wind farms and their grid connection | COME3T Bulletin N°3 (March 2022) 16 p. > Download
- How can the impacts of an operating wind farm on marine mammals be assessed? | COME3T Bulletin N°4 (March 2022) 20 p. > Download
- To study the effect on marine ecosystems of noise emitted by offshore wind farms during construction and operation phases, is it relevant to focus on a few species? | COME3T Bulletin N°5 (September 2022) 20 p. > Download
- Can the development of offshore renewable energy projects and their shore connection have an effect on the evolution of the coastline? | COME3T Bulletin N°6 (September 2022) 20 p. > Download
- What are the potential effects of the electromagnetic fields produced by offshore wind farm power cables on marine organisms? | COME3T Bulletin N°7 (June 2023) 20 p. > Download
- Do the metals released by galvanic anodes used in offshore wind farms pose a risk to the marine environment? | COME3T Bulletin N°8 (June 2023) 20 p. > Download
Valorisation of R&D in scientific publications
Since 2014, France Energies Marines has been committed to ensuring that the results of the R&D work carried out by its team, as well as those of its members and partners, are promoted and published in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
Photo credit: Insspirito-AJS1 / Pixabay