The collaborative R&D projects set up by France Energies Marines are selected according to a process that ensures transparency and relevance of scientific content. The Scientific & Technological Committee, made up of independent experts from all over the world, plays a key role in the evaluation of these projects. A webinar led by 4 members of this committee on the challenges and opportunities for offshore renewable energies was held on 14 December. It was a good opportunity to discuss with internationally renowned scientists in their field of ORE.
The programme was as follow:
- Presentation of the Scientific & Technological Roadmap of the Institute – Jean-François FILIPOT, France Energies Marines > Replay
- R&D activities on the floating offshore wind technologies at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory – Senu SIRNIVAS, NREL > Replay
- Interoperability in offshore transmission – Salvatore D’ARCO, SINTEF > Replay
- Using Marine Energy to Support Ocean Observations: Powering the Blue Economy – Andrea COPPING, PNNL > Replay
- Assessment of marine operations in the offshore wind industry – Torgeir MOAN, NTNU > No replay available
Photo credit: Andrej Pol/AdobeStock