The Sea Tech Week 2022 edition was dedicated to maritime transport, with a focus on solutions to make this sector more sustainable. This was a great opportunity for France Energies Marines to propose a session on the possibility of distributing hydrogen produced by offshore wind farms as fuel for ships. The session took the form of a round table and aimed to bring together the points of view, issues and constraints of the various stakeholders involved in this issue.
This session hold on 28 September 2022 and was moderated by Yann-Hervé De Roeck, the executive Director of France Energies Marines. Six speakers provided insight into their areas of expertise.
- Emmanuel-Marie Peton who works at the MEET 2050 Institute, set the general context > Download podcast
- Marie Robert from France Energies Marines presented a digital tool for analysing hydrogen production at sea, currently being developed as part of the OPHARM collaborative project > Download podcast
- Annie Le Gal La Salle, from the Institut des Matériaux de Nantes, produced a synthesis of the research work carried out on the marinisation of electrolysers > Download podcast
- Emeline Belin and Gwenaëlle Benoît who outlined the Sofresid Engineering company’s offshore distribution platform project > Download podcast
- Davit Otarishvili, from RWE who gave the point of view of an offshore wind farms developer > Download podcast
Photo credit: Coqueliko / Campus mondial de la mer