- Reference : FEM-SAS-2022-330
- Localisation: Marseille (13) - Mediterranean Antenna, France Energies Marines
- Download the offer
Sustainable management of the marine environment presupposes not exceeding its carrying capacity in connection with human activities at sea. With the multiplication of activities and projects, the question of taking into account the cumulative impact of human activities on the functioning of marine ecosystems is crucial. In the Mediterranean, the Gulf of Lion holds strategic energy potential for France with significant wind resources driven by the prevailing winds, Mistral and Tramontane. This natural and renewable energy has led the French authorities to launch calls for tenders for the commercial deployment of floating wind farms in the Gulf of Lion.
In order to support the development of this new sector in the Mediterranean, France Energies Marines is recruiting a researcher specialized in trophic models for the application of an ecosystem approach to the development of ORE in the Gulf of Lion. In close collaboration with experts from the “Environmental Integration of ORE” team and with FEM partners, the candidate will contribute to the development of trophic models at nested scales for the assessment of cumulative impacts. He/She will help to better characterize the effects of these cumulative impacts (synergistic, antagonistic, additive) and to continue work on environmental health indicators for a better understanding of the response of marine ecosystems to various anthropogenic pressures.
The missions of the candidate will be to :
- Contribute to the development of research activities and expertise services in connection with the ecosystem approach applied to ORE,
- Coordinate research projects on the ecosystem approach applied to ORE,
- Develop in-depth expertise in environmental and socio-economic issues, specific to the French Mediterranean facade, to be tested in trophic models to produce sustainable management scenarios,
- Contribute to the scientific tasks of the projects, supervise doctoral and postdoctoral students and present the results in peer-reviewed journals and at conferences,
- Develop and strengthen FEM’s collaboration with Mediterranean, national, European and international research institutes in the field of the ecosystem approach applied to ORE.
PhD in Biology or Marine Ecology
- Ease of communication and ability to mobilize actors for the collection of data and information for modeling purposes;
- Good knowledge of programming tools and in particular under R;
- Research activity visible through scientific publications and communications.
- Knowledge of the offshore renewable energy sector and the gulf of Lion ecosystem;
- Experience in R&D activities in marine environment under various anthropogenic activities;
- Experience in collaborative and/or partnership research projects.
- All levels of experience accepted with proven experience in trophic modeling such as Ecopath with Ecosim and its associated modules;
- Experience in R&D activities in the marine environment related to anthropogenic activities or experience in collaborative and/or partnership research projects would be a plus.
- Scientific rigor;
- Autonomy and ability to work in a team;
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously;
- Good writing and communication skills (French, English);
- Appetite for applied and collaborative research (Research Institutes, companies, etc.).
WARNING: DUE TO ISSUES WITH THE WEBSITE, PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION DIRECTLY AND ONLY BY E-MAIL TO CONTACTRH@FRANCE-ENERGIES-MARINES.ORG
Job : Researcher in Trophic modeling applied to the development of ORE in the Gulf of Lion» (F/M) – Warning: please send your application directly and only by e-mail to email@example.com
Reference : FEM-SAS-2022-330