- Reference : FEM-SAS-2021-062
- Position type: Fixed-term contract
- Duration: 18 month
- Localisation: Brest (29) - France Energies Marines and ENSTA Bretagne
- Download the offer
The post-doctoral position is associated with the France Energies Marines research project DIMPACT, Design of Floating Offshore Wind Turbine and Impacts of energetic steep and breaking waves. Within this project, the postdoctoral fellow will contribute to the development of semi-analytical models to describe the impact forces (slamming) produced by breaking waves on floating wind turbines. The results of these simulations will be compared with experimental and numerical results produced in other parts of the project.
The missions of the post-doctoral fellow will be to:
- Conduct a state of the art to identify the parameters governing slamming forces on floating wind turbines;
- Contribute to the analysis of experimental and numerical results in the light of the conclusions of the state of the art;
- Implement and test different semi-analytical approaches to describe the impact forces, compare the results of these models to numerically and experimentally obtained data;
- Produce a publication(s) on the results as well as a recommendations report for the floating wind industry.
France Energies Marines and ENSTA Bretagne are looking for a highly motivated candidate, eager to develop new approaches and to interact with the other project partners.
The post-doctoral fellow will be employed by France Energies Marines, will work mainly at ENSTA Bretagne to carry out the numerical development and will be supervised by:
- Yves-Marie Scolan, professor at ENSTA Bretagne, specialist in hydrodynamics;
- Jean-François Filipot, Scientific and technical director of France Energies Marines, responsible for the DIMPACT project.
The post-doctoral fellow will also interact with the industrial and academic project partners, for example EDF R&D, Ecole des Ponts ParisTech and Ifremer.
Initial training and work experience
• Ph.D. in mechanical or marine engineering, applied physics or equivalent
• Master of Science or Engineering degree in a relevant field and with appropriate experience may be considered
• Extensive experience in hydrodynamics, especially in free surface flows and wave mechanics
• Programming experience (e.g. Python, Matlab, Fortran, C++, etc.) for model setup and data analysis
• Ability to write high-level scientific reports and publications
• Good ability to communicate in English
• Scientific rigor
Job : Postdoctoral Position about Investigation of Slamming Loads on Floating Offshore Wind Turbines using Semi-Analytical Approaches (F/M)
Reference : FEM-SAS-2021-062