- Reference : FEM-SAS-2022-497
- Position type: Fixed-term contract
- Duration: 18 month
- Localisation: Saint-Nazaire (44) - Nantes Université and Brest (29) - France Energies Marines
- Download the offer
France Energies Marines is conducting, together with other partners (Nantes Université, EDF, Skyborn Renewables, TotalEnergies, Technip Energies, Université Grenoble Alpes, Innosea, Eolfi, Saipem, Université Gustave Eiffel), the MUTANC project. This project aims to study the potential of mutualised anchors to reduce the levelised cost of energy of floating offshore wind farms. Within this project, a post-doctoral position has been defined in order to assess the geotechnical performances of pile anchors under multidirectional and cyclic loading, by means of numerical studies. The expected results involve the identification of the key parameters driving the design of mutualized anchors.
In the framework of this postdoctoral position, the successful candidate will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Literature review on the methods used for the modelling of the soil-pile anchor system under cyclic one-directional and multidirectional loadings
- Establishment of a numerical model (based on a finite element software and/or using simplified engineering approaches as p-y curves) of the soil-pile anchor system under cyclic/time-varying multidirectional loadings
- Sensitivity and cost analyses of the soil-pile anchor system.
The deliverables to be produced by the successful candidate during his/her work in the project are the following:
- Report on the existing methods dealing with the behaviour of soil-pile anchor systems in the presence of cyclic loadings
- Report on the geotechnical numerical modelling and analysis of soil-pile anchor systems subjected to cyclic/time-varying loads
- Report on the sensitivity and cost analyses of the soil-anchor system.
The post-doc will be supervised by:
- Dr Abed SOUBRA – Nantes Université, Professor of Civil Engineering
- Guillaume DAMBLANS, Research scientist at France Energies Marines
PhD in Geotechnical Engineering with emphasis on numerical modelling. Additional expertise in the numerical modelling of offshore structures and in the reliability analysis of engineering structures is greatly appreciated
Specific knowledge and skills
• Geotechnical challenges of marine renewable energy systems
• Knowledges of structural analysis (mechanics)
• R&D project management
• Excellent English skills
• Strict scientific rigor
• Adaptability to new disciplines
• Initiative, scientific curiosity and multi-disciplinary spirit
• Taste for research and teamwork
• At ease in expressing oneself, at convincing others and in communicating in a collaborative context
The position is open to people with disabilities.
WARNING: If you are unable to submit your application via our website, please send it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job reference in the subject field.
Job : Post-doctorate position in geotechnical analysis of mutualized anchors (F/M)
Reference : FEM-SAS-2022-497